PlayStation 5 a.k.a PS5 is one of the most popular game consoles in the United Kingdom with more than 1 million units sold. It succeeded the previous version of PlayStation in November 2020. Apart from the fact that it is a top-notch gaming console, the users have been facing various issues with their PS5 consoles such as connectivity problems and overheating. So, this post contains some of the common PS5 issues.
Common Issues and Bugs in PS5
Frequent PS5 Overheating Problem
If your PlayStation 5 is overheating frequently there may be various issues and luckily most of them can be taken care of. The most common reasons for the PS5 overheating are:
- Placement of the console in a cabinet or cupboard where there is no ventilation. So, keep your PS5 in an open space to keep it from overheating.
- Placement of the PS5 close to a wall also causes overheating so make sure there is a fair gap between the wall and the device.
- Faulty fan or the obstruction around the fan may partially or fully stop it from working so your PlayStation console gets overheated more often. In such a case, you should get it checked by an expert PS5 repairer.
Incompatibility with PS4 Games
Although most of the PlayStation 4 games are compatible with the PlayStation 5, it may still mark some of the PS4 games as unplayable. To get rid of this problem, you may need to restore your license from the PlayStation settings. Still, there are various PS4 games that won’t work on PS5, such as Joe’s Diner, Shadow Complex Remastered and Kuma Volume I.
If you are unable to tackle this problem, you should contact Tech Solutions to get it fixed.
External Hard Drive Problem
Luckily, you can use an external hard drive with a PlayStation 5. But sometimes, you may face data loss or data corruption issues, especially when you move your stored game data from the previous versions of PlayStation such as 3 or 4.
In such a case, you may need to recover your data using a data recovery tool or get it done by an expert. If you are in Hall Green, Birmingham looking for an expert to recover your data or repair the console, you can contact us here.
Data Transfer Errors
It often occurs when you upgrade from PS3 & PS4 to PS5 and try to transfer your data. Although you can prevent such errors by transferring your data by connecting both the devices via LAN or USB, there is still a slight chance of data loss. So, make sure you do it with full care to avoid a disaster. After all, the loss of years-old game data would be a disaster for any pro gamer.
Game Installation Problems (Error Code CE-100005-6)
So, how does it feel when you bring some new games to enjoy your weekend with friends and your PS5 won’t install games? Well, it is a minor issue and you can fix it by yourself.
How to fix PS5 game installation problems?
Given below are some of the handy ways to fix the PS5 game installation issues.
- Restart your console and check if it works.
- Reset PS5 console and check if the problem is solved.
- Remove the install and redownload it.
- Don’t download a game and an update at the same time. Proceed with the game download first and the update download later.
The majority of the PS5 issues can be fixed in-home but if it’s ununderstandable, you shouldn’t take a risk on your console and data. Instead, a consultation with a PS5 repairing expert would be the ideal deal.
So, if you are looking for an expert to fix your PS5-related problems or any other console such as Xbox or Nintendo. Tech Solutions are the best repairing service provider in Birmingham. We not only repair gaming consoles but we do have expertise in repairing mobile phones, smartphones, desktops, laptops, and iPads. Call us now at 0121 778 5177 and we’ll be happy to help.